Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Writing Exercise One

At the time, I arrived at my best friend’s Eric’s house. Nor he or his parents knew I was coming over. But all I cared about was why, I knew why I arrived. An argument arose between my parents and I over a grade I received in grade school. I decided to run away to my friends house knowing the consequences of leaving somewhere and not telling them, but at the time I did not care. I remember sitting in his living room with a book bag, in it was my football bank and a blanket off my own bed. And in overhearing the conversation of his mother calling my house and telling my parents that I was safe and there was nothing to worry about, they would drive me home right away. All I could think about was the one question I hated the most from them, “Tell us what you think your punishment should be?”

4 comments:

  1. I always hated that question too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to hate when my parents would ask me that! I always felt like it was their job to come up with the punishment because you know if the child were to suggest a punishment it would immediately get shot down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my grandma use to make us go to the "switch" tree, get a long vine looking branch off the tree, and they would use that. If it wasn't big enough, they would make us get another, and double the punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a parent, I know your parents were so happy that you were safe, but I can only imagine your anxiety! So did you suggest a punishment?

    ReplyDelete