Monday, April 11, 2011

Read Reflection 01

At first the words in this book were just "words", but now I feel this Heskett has some pretty valid points and overviews. He states that design is the human capacity to shape and make our environment in ways without precedent in nature, to serve our needs and give meaning to our lives. In a nutshell pointing out that the environment/world is becoming a product of human design. Few parts of the planet are left without being tampered with by design in some way. Design plus language defines what it is to be human. Think about it...we would not function they way we do without the things we have designed for us to maintain our everyday lives. Without it we would suffer or die. If I lose my cell phone I feel my world has caved in or something, until I get a new one. The things we design become a necessity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment